Single-visit crowns in Omaha, NE
Armbrust Dental is your local Omaha CEREC dentist for single-visit tooth restorations. Why go to the dentist a second time if you don't have to?
Dr. Henley has been providing CEREC restorations since 1999. At that time, he was only the fourth dentist in Nebraska to own CEREC technology! Much has changed since then, but we have always maintained the latest in CEREC technology throughout the years.
What are CEREC restorations?
CEREC are very precise-fitting restorations that virtually equal or even surpass those fabricated by dental laboratories. Often times, CEREC restorations can be completed in just one visit to our Omaha, NE dental office. They are highly durable and very natural looking.
Currently, there are a number of materials available for use with CEREC; which one is best depends on the specific tooth, the alignment and position of the tooth to be restored, and the biting force and history/non-history of tooth clenching or grinding. The most popular CEREC material is ceramic, but Dr. Henley will take all this into account when determining which material is best for your situation.
The CEREC Process
During your appointment, Dr. Henley will discuss with you the details of the procedure and answer any questions you may have. He will then use CEREC’s special 3D imaging camera to take a photo of your tooth. CEREC's proprietary software will design your restoration according to your tooth's appropriate size, shape, and color. Then, CEREC will use diamond burs to create your restoration out of a solid piece of ceramic. Finally, Dr. Henley will bond the ceramic restoration to your tooth using state-of-the-art adhesive dentistry.
Why choose CEREC?
There are many advantages of using CEREC over traditional crown technology.
- Efficiency: Dr. Henley can make your CEREC crowns in one visit, saving you considerable time away from your job and family.
- Comfort: With CEREC, there is no need for a temporary crown, eliminating significant potential discomfort.
- Aesthetics: The strong, tooth-colored ceramic materials of CEREC restore your teeth to their natural strength, beauty, and function, and closely match the composition of your natural tooth structure.
- Strength: Milled ceramic is stronger than the traditional method of layering and pressing, so your smile will stay beautiful for years!
- Adaptability: CEREC material and technology can also be used for fillings. Since these fillings are made out of porcelain, they are more durable than white composite fillings.
- Resilience: CEREC restorations will last equally as long as conventional restorations.
Is CEREC right for you?
Virtually any patient and any tooth can be a good potential candidate for CEREC. CEREC really helps those whose time might be limited where multiple appointments might be difficult due to work or other time constraints. In cases where a very high cosmetic result is required, the use of a dental lab is often recommended to put the artistic touch on your restorations. Even in such cases, the CEREC unit may still be used to scan the images of your prepared teeth, which can then be digitally sent directly to our lab!
To learn more about CEREC single-visit crowns, please contact our Omaha dental office to schedule an appointment!